Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Sensational" Saturday!

Today it felt like Christmas here in Utah! It SNOWED!! It has't snowed here much all winter and I think a part of me has missed it! I am not normally that excited about snow but today was different! I was in a mood to get things done! I spent the first half of my day doing some "sensational" cleaning and putting away a massive pile of laundry! Anyone else hate laundry as much as I do?! After my little girl woke up from her nap I decided that it was time to spend the rest of my day with her, since that's what "Sensational Saturday" is all about! Spending that time with your family that you probably don't get to do much of during the week! Unfortunately my husband had to work today, but us girls still had fun! 
We started out our night with a picnic dinner!  


My little girl loved it! She ran around yelling, "We having a picnic! We having a picnic!". 
After our picnic dinner we spent about an hour playing "Bingo"! 


Bingo has always been one of my favorite games. 
I bought this set that we used tonight at the local Dollar Tree store, about a year ago.


I hung onto it, because I knew someday Jayda would be able to play...and tonight we played!!! Over & over & over again! The picture Bingo was perfect for her age because it helped build her vocabulary and she loves playing matching games, so she really loved pulling the cards out and "finding my match"!


 If you don't have a Bingo game around your house it would be super easy to make one from clipart images or even better click here and you can print off your own for FREE!!! 

After Bingo we popped some popcorn and let Jayda pick a movie. She too must have felt that Christmas feeling from the snow falling outside because she chose to watch "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"! 
Too funny!!! We enjoyed our popcorn and cuddling together!


 Today truly was a "Sensational Saturday"! 
I love the one on one time I get to spend with her and the memories we made tonight! 

 I hope you will find time next Saturday, or throughout the week, to make "sensational" memories with your family! Whether that be something as simple as playing a game of Bingo, or going out and trying one of the FREE activities listed on our blog! 

One of my favorite quotes is:
"We do not remember days... 
we remember moments." 

How true that is!  




What was YOUR favorite moment today?



Follow us on Facebook ... Follow us on Twitter ... 
Browse our Pinterest ... 
  Leave us a Comment...we love hearing from you!

1 comment: