Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Time to..." Thursday ~ Clean the Tubs!


Raise your hand if you love cleaning the bathtub?
 ***ME!!***  
Ask me that a week ago 
and I might not have been so quick to answer!  
I've always used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 
and they worked pretty good, 
but still not as well as I would have liked.  
I came across this concoction on Pinterest the other day 
and just had to try it!  
It sounded too good to be true, 
but the reviews were all coming in positive!  
Ready for this?  
Equal parts of Liquid Dishwashing Detergent 
and Distilled White Vinegar....that's it! 
Let me tell you, I was a skeptic 
and had the PERFECT bathtub to try it on on....the teenagers!  
They were gone, so I decided it was the perfect time 
to mix up this little concoction and see if it really worked.  
(They would DEFINITELY notice if it did!)  
So, I grabbed a Windex bottle that was almost empty, 
rinsed it out really well 
and added about 1 inch of Liquid Dishwashing Detergent 
with 1 inch of Distilled White Vinegar.....
how's that for measuring?!  
A lot of the reviews said that you HAD to use BLUE Dawn.  
Well, I didn't have any.  I had yellow Ajax!  
I figured I had nothing to lose by seeing if that worked instead.  
I had read one review that said it was the vinegar 
that was actually the active ingredient 
and the dishwashing detergent just kept the vinegar 
from running down the sides of the tub!
So, if that was true, 
the Ajax or any other liquid detergent should work!  
Anyway, I shook up the bottle and off to the tubs I went!  
I sprayed them down, waited a half hour, 
went back with some damp paper towels and VOILA!!  
It SERIOUSLY worked!! 
 I didn't even have to scrub the tub....
it just wiped that ring away and left a sparkling clean finish!  
Yes, the kids were amazed when they got home! 
(I think they might even be willing 
to clean the tubs a little more often from now on!)  
So, if your tub is looking a little neglected today, 
GIVE IT A TRY! 
You'll be glad you did.


Follow Us on Facebook ... Follow Us on Twitter ...
Follow Us on Pinterest ... 
Leave Us a Comment ... We Love Hearing from You!                 

No comments:

Post a Comment