Friday, March 2, 2012

"Food Friday" - Homemade Oreos

It's late...
I have a cold...
& I could really use some dessert right now. 
So, I thought I'd share one of my favorite dessert recipes with you!

~Homemade Oreo Cookies~

Picture your typical store bought oreo cookie,
only these are softer, have more frosting & warm!

All you need is:

2 boxes of Devils Food cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
&
either your favorite vanilla frosting recipe
or I personally love the store bought tubs!

Mix the first 3 ingredients together with a fork
to make a stiff dough.
Roll into quarter size balls.
Bake on cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

Once cookies have cooled enough to handle,
take vanilla frosting
spread on one cookie & "sandwich" with a second cookie!
Yummy!
It would even be cute with St. Patrick's Day coming up to
add some food coloring to the frosting to make them green!

No comments:

Post a Comment