Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Time To" Thursday....get rid of the Coupon Chaos!!!

Do any of you couponers, like myself, have a pile of coupons that looks like this???


Yikes!!!!!
(oh & don't be jealous of my paisley blue blanket! Ha!
I am still on the lookout for "the perfect" bedding! Until then,
this little beauty serves it's purpose!)

I decided today, it was time to take care of my coupon chaos and get organized again!
This is an accumulation of inserts since October! Ahhhhh!!!
Four months of piling up, I would not recommend!
With the holidays and feeling "couponed out" I let this happen!
So today I faced it...head on!

Now, I would not call myself a
"coupon Queen" in any way!
I leave that up to "the pro's" like 
I am not someone who has shelves and shelves of deals I have found.
But it sure does feel good to save an average of
$30-$80 on a grocery trip
and even get items for FREE!!!

Before I let this chaos accumulate I would sit down on Sunday night after the ads came
and spend about a half hour cutting and organizing.
I have taken different ideas from a couple of sites and this is what works best for me!

I made papers that look like this...


each square matches a tab in my binder



(again...don't be jealous of that blue paisley blanket! Ha!)

Once I find a coupon I know that I will use before it expires,
I cut it out and place it on the paper square it correllates to.
After I have cut all the coupons I then start at the beginning of my binder.
I take the pile of coupons on the square that correllates with the tab
and insert the coupons into the dividers.
I have found by doing it this way then I'm not flipping back and forth through my binder
a million times after I cut each coupon.
Then I go to my favorite websites...look at the deals they have found
make a list of what I need to buy...
and I'm ready to go shopping and save some $$$!!
Yes...couponing is time consuming, especially at first!
But once you're organized and don't let 4 months of inserts pile up
then it's really not too bad!
And the $$ you save is totally worth it!

What coupon tips and organizing strategies do you use?!


Follow us on Facebook ... Follow us on Twitter ... 
Follow Us on Pinterest ... 
  Leave us a Comment...we love hearing from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment