Ready for a little Spring Cleaning?
Here are five things to spruce up the house (and you) in no time!
1. It always feels good to do a little rearranging this time of year. I love hanging new pictures, but my husband prefers to do it himself...due to the zillions of nail holes I've been known to leave in the wall. as I "eyeball" where it's supposed to go! Well, I think we may have solved that problem for good. The next time you want to hang some pictures, use the "toothpaste" technique. Simply put a dot of toothpaste on the back of the frame where the nail will hang from. Next, hold the picture on the wall where you want it to go. The toothpaste will stick to the wall and show you EXACTLY where to put the nail in! Can't get much easier than that!
2. How's your linen closet looking...or the place you store your bath towels? Time to organize it a little bit? Maybe fold a few of the towels that the kids tried to throw on top....only their aim was a little off? Yep, we know how that goes! Before you straighten up those piles, give the towels a new lease on life by running them through the washing machine....once with hot water and a cup of vinegar, then again with hot water and a half-cup of baking soda. That will strip the residue that's built up on them over the years. It will leave them smelling much fresher and they'll also be alot more absorbent.
3. Next, let's move into the kitchen. Has it been awhile since it's had a good cleaning? Well, you're about to see how easy it can be to make it sparkle like new again with the "miracle" of baking soda and peroxide! Put 1/4 cup of baking soda in a bowl and add enough peroxide to make a paste. Grab a sponge and start rubbing....it cleans EVERYTHING! Stove, oven, pans, stainless steel appliances, handles on the refrigerator door, cookie sheets....you name it! (Here's a Before/After shot.)
4. Now let's take a look at the walls. Any fingerprints, crayon, pencil or ink from the little aspiring artists? No worries. Sprinkle some baking soda on a damp sponge and wipe it clean!
5. Now that the house is freshened up, you deserve a little pampering too! How about Dr. Oz's Flawless Skin Mask?
- Mash up 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeezed lemon juice....or the kind from the bottle....they both work!
- Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
- Apply the mask and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Remove with cotton balls dipped in baking soda and water.
Ahhhhh....doesn't that feel better?
House is clean....you're refreshed....life is good.
Follow Us on Pinterest ...
Leave Us a Comment ... We Love Hearing From You!